Our data challenges for Health in 2022
An event organised in the framework of the French Presidency of the Council of the European Union
* This event is not organised by the French Government. It is however authorised by the French Government to use the emblem of the French Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
In 2021, the Health Data Hub launched a call for projects dedicated to healthcare stakeholders interested in organizing a Data Challenge on a health topic. The Health Data Hub, in partnership with the Ministerial Delegation for eHealth, is proud to announce that over the 9 registered projects, six have been selected.
Data Challenges are data science competitions that aim to respond to specific medical issues using the analysis of available data. These six projects will benefit from support from the Health Data Hub as well as financial support from the Public Investment Bank (Bpifrance).
On May 24th 2022, The HDH organized an event bringing together all our Data Challenge partners so that they can promote their projects and meet each other. This event is dedicated to the whole health and data science ecosystem but also to the potential challengers.
2:15 - 2:30 : General introduction
- David Sainati, eHealth projects director at the Digital Health Ministerial Delegation
- Hossein Khonsari, Medical director of the Health Data Hub
2:30 - 2:45 : Machine Learning and Data Challenges - From a challenger point of view
- Maximilian P. Oppelt, Research Scientist, at the Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits
- Aymeric Floyrac, Data Scientist at Health Data Hub
2:45 - 2:55 : Data Challenge SFP-SFD : Visio-Mel - Search for a digital signature evaluating the risk of metastatic evolution of localized melanomas
- Dr Fréderic Staroz, Surgical pathologist at OuestPathologie, Quimper, France
2:55 - 3:05 : Data Challenge Hôpital Foch : DigiLut - Detection of graft rejection following lung transplantation
- Dr Antoine Roux, (MD, PhD) MCU-PH UMR 0892 VIM, INRAE/U. of Versailles St-Quentin-en-Yvelines
3:05 - 3:15 : Data Challenge SFCTCV : Benefits of AI in thoracic oncology research: about the C PLu NET challenge
- Romain Vergé, Resident in thoracic surgery at the Toulouse University Hospital, member of the French Society of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
3:15 - 4:05 : Break
4:05 - 4:15 : SageBionetworks - Organizing DREAM Challenges for Engaged Health Research (Intervention in english)
- Thomas Schaffter, PhD, Lead of the Research & Benchmarking Technology Workstream Sage Bionetworks
4:15 - 4:25 : Data Challenge SFMN : Dat-Hub - Parkinson and dopamine transporter imaging: a data challenge from the Health Data Hub and the French Society of Nuclear Medicine
- Prof. Eric Guedj, Aix-Marseille University, Timone hospital, SFMN leader of Brain Work Group
4:25 - 4:35 : Data Challenge HUS : D-IA-GNO-DENT - HDH Data Challenge - Rare oral diseases / Artificial intelligence / Diagnostic assistance
- Pr Agnès Bloch-Zupan, (PU-PH) Hôpitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg,Centre de référence coordonnateur des maladies rares orales et dentaires CRMR O-Rares Université de Strasbourg, Faculty of Dental Surgery and Institute of Genetics and Molecular and Cellular Biology, CNRS- UMR7104, INSERM U1258
4:35 - 4:45 : Data Challenge SFA : Allergen Chip Challenge: artificial intelligence at the service of the allergic patient
- Dr Joana Vitte, MD, PhD, Associate Professor - Hospital Practitioner in Immunology, Aix-Marseille University and Montpellier University, President of the Scientific Committee of the French Society of Allergology
4:45 - 5:00 :Open science: sharing and reusing research data
- Lorien Benda, Open science project manager at Health Data Hub
- Isabelle Blanc, National Chief Data Officer at the Ministry in charge of Higher Education and Research